How can a general user tell if a Contact listed on a sheet is a licensed user?

As a paid licensed user WITHOUT Admin privileges, is there a way to tell if a Contact listed on a sheet is a licensed user (free or paid) vs someone manually entered?

Use case: Automations allow messages to be sent to "Limited" users in the same account or "Unrestricted" any email referenced. However, all contacts visually look the same on a sheet whether they're a free or paid licensed user, or a contact entered manually. How do I know the difference so I can make an informed decision about my automation?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 08/30/23 Answer ✓

Hey @Melody McCrea

Only System Admins can view and manage licenses as well as identify contacts that are members of your plan.

To clarify, the automation permission that restricts to users in your account refer to both Unlicensed and Licensed users that are associated with your plan if that helps! In addition, if you use the "Limited" Automation Permission, this includes contacts that are shared to the sheet, even if those contacts aren't a part of your plan.

See: Sheet-level automation controls

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    edited 08/30/23 Answer ✓

Hey @Melody McCrea

Only System Admins can view and manage licenses as well as identify contacts that are members of your plan.

To clarify, the automation permission that restricts to users in your account refer to both Unlicensed and Licensed users that are associated with your plan if that helps! In addition, if you use the "Limited" Automation Permission, this includes contacts that are shared to the sheet, even if those contacts aren't a part of your plan.

See: Sheet-level automation controls

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now