Overlayed Calendar Publishing

Options

Hello,

I have built a calendar overlayed with another calendar from Google. I am looking to publish the overlayed calendar view in the dashboard, but when I embed the code, only the calendar items I've added into the dashboard are populating.

Any advice?

Tags:

Answers

• Hamza1
    Hamza1 Moderator
    Options

Hi @ClaireWallace

To successfully embed information from external sources, make sure that you have the correct link or embed code. For more information on embedding a Google Calendar in your dashboard see the help article Embed custom content in dashboards and WorkApps.

You can also integrate the Smartsheet calendar with Google calendar as outlined in the article Use a Smartsheet Calendar with Google Calendar.

If you’re experiencing an issue with embedding the Google Calendar, kindly provide screenshots of the behaviour and cover any sensitive information or data.

Cheers,

Hamza

• ClaireWallace
    ClaireWallace ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Hamza,

I can publish a calendar to the Dashboard and I can overlay a Google Calendar onto a Smartsheet Calendar.

The problem is, the overlay of a Google Calendar onto a Smartsheet Calendar does not show when I publish that calendar to the Dashboard.

The pics below are:

1) my grid data in my calendar

2) the Google Calendar & grid data in Calendar View. This is the correct version that I want to display on my Dashboard.

3) When I go to publish the Calendar to the dashboard as per the standard instructions, the Calendar drops the Google overlay and only publishes the grid data.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @ClaireWallace

Thank you for following-up with screen captures, this is really helpful!

This is currently by design since your Google Calendar overlay is only visible to you. Other collaborators on the sheet won't see your Google Calendar overlay, which means it becomes hidden in a Published version (as that's a public version).

See the note at the bottom of this Help Article:

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

Cheers,

Genevieve