Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Smartsheet Form Hyperlinks opening in a new tab

Options

Ability for hyperlinks to open in a new tab in Smartsheet forms so entered information is not cleared. If the hyperlink is not in the form description section (embedded in a field help text) it will clear out all of the information in the form.

5 votes

Available Now! · Last Updated

We're happy to announce that this is now available! Hyperlinks in Forms will open in a new tab. This will happen for all NEW links moving forward, however in order for this update to take effect on previously created forms, you'll need to manage that form, delete the hyperlink, and re-add the hyperlink.

Comments

• eaklilu
    eaklilu ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the note, Nicholas. My links are in the help text and they intermittently open in a new tab.

Even with some of the other work arounds, Im still experiencing the link issue. Are your link issues completely resolved? Im worried about launching a resource that isn't consistent. I don't want users to have a bad experience with the tool as we prepare to launch.

• Michelle Choate 2
    Michelle Choate 2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I hate all of the work arounds they have suggested to make this happen. I think this would be an easy fix and is needed.