Is there a way to weight the average in a sheet summary report?

I have a report that pulls from the sheet summaries of multiple sheets. One of the fields divides two other fields to show the % of items completed. However, when grouping & adding summaries to each column, the % completed summary averages the values below it rather than showing the actual % of items completed. In the screenshot below, I would like the % Items Closed column to display 67% (32 closed items/48 total items), not 59%.

Essentially I'm looking for a way to either calculate based on adjacent summary values or assign some sort of weight to each % value. Last resort would be setting up a metric sheet.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Colin B

Report Summaries can currently only apply a generic AVG to the column selected without taking into account any other values or weighting.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

I agree that a metric sheet with formulas would be the way to go here. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee
    Answer ✓

Hey @Colin B

Report Summaries can currently only apply a generic AVG to the column selected without taking into account any other values or weighting.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community. This will allow other users to vote on your enhancement idea!

I agree that a metric sheet with formulas would be the way to go here. 🙂

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now