Advanced Search Functionality

Hi All,

It seems as if you are unable to search by a row # or an advanced function in Smartsheet. For instance, if I have a customer that has multiple requests, when I search, I am unable to tell which one it is for, and I need to click on each of them.

Is there a way to advanced search by the reference # that I have set to each request? Or will this be a feature in the future?

It would be great to have this as sometime searching can take a while because that customer might have multiple requests.

Thank you.

Answers

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @adam.b what do you mean? Can you share some screenshots? Are you searching across ALL of your sheets or just a single sheet?

• adam.b
    adam.b ✭✭✭✭

@Eric Law since I have sensitive info, screenshots might be difficult. I am searching across one sheet. I am referring to if I search for a customer, but I have multiple requests for that one customer, it is hard to differentiate which card is for what in the search. It just lets me know the last time it was edited. I would love to see based on certain embedded info from the card, and not just the name of the customer

• Eric Law
    Eric Law ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@adam.b It sounds like you are searching in Card View, why not search in Grid view? You can also use the filter to find all instances of a customer in grid view and you should be able to see all the details.