How to compare columns from multiple sheets with the same criteria using reports without a data gap

Hello,

I have a consistent budget with the same account codes/names across multiple businesses and was trying to use reports to compare a specific column that is in each of those budget sheets. My original problem was that reports stacked the data in a single column but I needed the information to be side by side to be useful. I went back to the underlying sheets a slightly retitled the columns to have specific identifiers to each business. Now when I run the report, I selected each of those retitled columns and they are side by side. However, the account codes get re-created with each sheet and the data lines up with the specific sheets accounts even those those account codes are the same across all sheets.

Is there a way I can get all of this to line up so I don't have to do a bunch of manual work exporting and deleting blank cells each time I'm trying to compare the information? Attached below is a screenshot of the report with a few of the columns.

Best Answer

• kioshi43
    kioshi43 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

How many multiple sheets are you working with?

If your wanting to do a comparison, you could probably try creating a roll up sheet to collect all the information - especially if you're working with consistent information and add in those consistent items (e.g. account description).

As an example, if you were interested in totals by account descriptions, you could create a column for that specific sheet and have something like this:

=SUMIFS({Sheet Column you want to sum}, {Sheet column's account description}, [Account Description]@row)

Answers

• kioshi43
    kioshi43 ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

How many multiple sheets are you working with?

If your wanting to do a comparison, you could probably try creating a roll up sheet to collect all the information - especially if you're working with consistent information and add in those consistent items (e.g. account description).

As an example, if you were interested in totals by account descriptions, you could create a column for that specific sheet and have something like this:

=SUMIFS({Sheet Column you want to sum}, {Sheet column's account description}, [Account Description]@row)

• Ryley
    Ryley ✭✭

@kioshi43

There are about 25 sheets altogether that I'll be working with. I was hoping there was a way in reports to move sheets in and out while still getting the comparisons side by side. But a roll up sheet with linked references to the outside sheets would definitely work too - just would take a little extra time to build out. That's probably the best path and appreciate your comment!