Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Multiple File Upload Fields on Forms

Options

It would be helpful to have the option for multiple file upload fields in forms, for example for photos, so that they could be associated with particular responses and not grouped together.

21 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Matt D.
    Matt D. ✭✭
    edited 09/22/23
    Options

Need the ability to add an image when filling out a form, and having that image associated with that row in the sheet.

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I agree. It really would help with surveys

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• Kari G
    Kari G ✭✭✭✭
    Options

We need this option for job applications in the medical field, we need copies of resume, RN license, RT license, physician license, and any other medical certifications and licenses'.

• JDallas
    JDallas ✭✭
    edited 01/15/24
    Options

It's obviously possible - look at this link to a smart sheet form that allows multiple attachment uploads... I just don't know how to do it and surprisingly can't find any helpful YouTube videos about it. It's driving me nuts.

https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/739aa75f30ca43a8a22eb53e4da7d409

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @JDallas

Yes! You can upload multiple attachments into the same field, however I believe this request is to have multiple, separate attachment sections under different headers/explanations.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• TVP ALAN
    TVP ALAN ✭✭
    edited 01/23/24
    Options

Hallo we are a transport company and i want to create a checklist for our drivers in Smartsheet

So for example i have some multiple questions where we after the answer yes or no, will ask for photo. But when i create a form we only have the possibly to add file upload 1 time ... Can you make that unlimited ?

Thanks

• KayGee
    Options

Hopefully you add a field type "attachment" where we can easily upload relevant document to a field/ question (when in Form). This is specially helpful when we are tracking several certificate or insurance (workers compensation, public liability, professional imdemnity, etc.) and their validity. This will help us ensure that we can send automated notification when these documents are near expiration or expired. This will also ensure that we have all the needed documents as we will set this as a required field in our Smartsheet Form. If we only have 1 attachment field, they may only upload 1 document instead of 3 that are required. Please have this update.

• ALTaylor
    Options

I have a form with different logic depending on the requestor, however, I am only allowed one upload field for the whole form, and what I need uploaded from each request type varies according to the requestor, so absolutely bananas to me that I can't have a different upload field per request type. Please add this!!