Is it possible to duplicate blueprint of a control center program to another prgram?

Options

Is it possible to duplicate a blueprint of a control center program to another program?

If not, should I copy the contents like sheet, reports, and dashboard, create a new blueprint in the other program, and then configure the blueprint using the previous blueprint's information?

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp

While (I believe) you cannot do this directly in Control Center you can copy the parent row (which will copy all the underlying rows as well) of the Blueprint in the Config Sheet from Program 1 to Program 2. This will create the same Blueprint in Program 2. You may need/want to reposition this within the config Sheet so that the hierarchy is correct and it is in the order you want.

If you want to reference the same template folder this will be inherited in the Blueprint. If you want to use a different template folder than you can make that adjustment in Control Center or the Config Sheet (the Config Sheet can actually manage a lot of what you can do in Control Center, it's just easier to mess up so I'd be careful).

👨🏼‍💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting (Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner)

If this response helped you please help me & the community by accepting it and reacting as you see fit (💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome).

🆘 Smartsheet Consulting Inquiries: schoolofsheets.com/workwithus

▶️ Smartsheet Tutorial Videos: schoolofsheets.com/youtube

School of Sheets (Smartsheet Partner)

If my answer helped please accept and react w/💡Insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, ❤️Awesome!

• jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp
    jmyzk_cloudsmart_jp ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @Dan Palenchar ,

Thanks a bunch for your quick and clear advice on transferring blueprints between programs! I’m going to try out the method you suggested and will make sure to be careful with the Config Sheet adjustments. Appreciate the heads-up about template folder referencing too. Will reach out if anything comes up or if I have any questions.

Cheers,😁