Working Offline within Smartsheet

Hello,

I am sure this has been asked before, but I cannot find a definite (more recent) answer to this question.

Is there an ability to work in off-line mode within Smartsheet? I am looking for the ability to work in Sheets (i.e. Project Plan tasks, budget financial input, meeting management, etc.).

The most common use case is travel (i.e. airplane, passenger in automobile). However, there are scenarios where internet service is compromised (i.e. warehouse buildout, remote areas with bad service, temporary outages, etc.) where this applies.

Please advise, thanks!

Answers

• kowal
    kowal Overachievers Alumni

the only part of smartsheet that works offline are Forms for everything else you need to be connected.

You can always use Data Shuttle to connect Smartsheet and GoogleSheets for example and then work on GSheets offline.

• Thanks.

However, that is not the answer I was hoping for. Sheets are everything for the use case mentioned above and what applies to my organization.

How else can I work on updating meeting minutes, taking notes, updating financials and getting work done when I am not connected?

Do not want to take an additional step and have to work on another platform and connect it to Smartsheet if I can work within Smartsheet directly - keep it simple.

Regards.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

As @kowal said... The only way would be to use Data Shuttle and connect to another platform. Smartsheet cannot be accessed off line.

You can also use the API to connect to another platform, but either way, you will need to use a 3rd party application for offline use other than the submission of forms.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Enhancement Request: Access Smartsheet off-line and allow work to be saved for upload at a later time or once online access is available.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You can browse the Product Ideas topic at the top of this page to see if someone has already submitted the idea. If they have, you can add your vote. If they have not, you can submit it yourself.

Either way, feel free to provide a link to the idea here so that others searching for the same thing can easily add their votes.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• Even being able to have an offline copy of a sheet might already be helpful for us. We use images a lot to include in a sheet (not as attachment, but as an image in a column/row). If I make a PDF of the sheet the images are small, and cannot be sufficiently zoomed in to. With an offline version/copy of smartsheet I would hope that that becomes possible. Even if this means we cannot modify the offline versions such an offline copy would be valuable to us.

• Everyone, go VOTE for this feature and add your comments to the enhancement request to help it gain visibility by the product team

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/111206/access-work-off-line-within-smartsheet-sheet-level?