Any tips for collecting hours of operation? Not interested in duration - just hours of Ops.

Hello!

I'm using Smartsheet to collect hours of operation for multiple locations. I'm not interested in the total hours open per unit (duration)- only wanting to know what time each unit opens and closes. I'd like to have the data in a format that I could easily sort and group units that have the same hours of operation together.

Without having a dropdown list with all the potential possibilities - there could be tons - any ideas? I've though of having one column for Open and one for Close but it seems like it's going to make the update request messier on the responder end.

Thanks!

Best Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @LaurenLong

I hope you're well and safe!

You have the right idea, and I recommend using an Open and Close column with all-time options or clarifying how they need to be formatted. Then, you can use a JOIN formula to combine them and then use a report to see the matches.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• LaurenLong
    LaurenLong ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes! That's brilliant! I didn't even consider the JOIN formula for this. Thank you so much!!!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @LaurenLong

I hope you're well and safe!

You have the right idea, and I recommend using an Open and Close column with all-time options or clarifying how they need to be formatted. Then, you can use a JOIN formula to combine them and then use a report to see the matches.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• LaurenLong
    LaurenLong ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Yes! That's brilliant! I didn't even consider the JOIN formula for this. Thank you so much!!!