Smartsheet Dashboard (Interacting Views)

Hello,

I am working on a dashboard that has all the projects' information for all functions. I was wondering if there is a feature that I can use to help filter by function so that when I click on it, it brings only the data information about that function and changes all aspects on the dashboard accordingly! Or does this work only on the Power BI Dashboard?

Thanks

Answers

• Scott Peters
    Scott Peters ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @nermine.elsaghir - Is your organization licensed for Dynamic View? This would be a perfect use case for that feature.

• nermine.elsaghir
    edited 10/24/23

Hi @Scott Peters We have the Enterprise Plan, but I remember looking into the dynamic view and it doesn't work on the dashboard level. Would you be able to share more information about using it in Dynamic View :) I would appreciate your help!

• Paul McGuinness
    Paul McGuinness Overachievers

Hi @nermine.elsaghir

There is a way around this outside of Dynamic View but requires replicating the dashboard, with each dashboard tailored to that specific function view (i.e. so effectively filtered) so instead of filtering the dashboard you would actually redirect the user to alternative dashboards dependent on the selection they make.

Below is a dashboard I created for a business function that worked like this, employing a uniform layout adds to the illusion that they are filtering the sheet instead of redirecting.

May not be the answer you were expecting but hope that it may be of help.

Thanks

Paul

• Thanks @Paul McGuinness This is the solution I actually worked on; the hassle with it is that sometimes the Smartsheet is slow and takes a while to redirect to another dashboard. Also, go back to the original one.

Power BI Filtering option is unbeatable :) Thanks for the suggestion.