DocuSign

What is the process for signing into DocuSign. My account has the enterprise license.

Thank you!

Gail Coleman

Answers

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique Overachievers

I assume you are looking to use the DocuSign integration within Smartsheet’s Document Builder feature.

Follow these steps:

1. Login to www.docusign.com with your company login. Note - this login is perhaps the same credentials as you use for Smartsheet (for instance, my organization uses SSO so it’s the same process for me to sign onto either platform even though they are two separate entities). Also worth noting that just because you have a Smartsheet enterprise account does not mean you have a DocuSign account; your organization will need to have purchased both subscriptions to Smartsheet and DocuSign.
    2. Build the template and delivery flow you want to link to Smartsheet in DocuSign.
    3. Then, go back to the Smartsheet you want to integrate with DocuSign and use Document Builder to set up a DocuSign mapping. Smartsheet will prompt you to log into your DocuSign account, and then you will see the template you already created in DocuSign available for set up in Smartsheet.

I’ve set up several DocuSign mappings in Smartsheet for my organization, so I hope this is a helpful outline. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!

• cswicegood
    cswicegood ✭✭✭

I have a question for you.

I am familiar and have done a few integrations.

My challenge, My spreadsheet has a name & email field that I would like to use as the recipient name & email in DocuSign.

At first, in the integration portion "Assign DocuSign Roles to SS columns", I could not see the email for the partner until I changed that field on the Spreadsheet to text.

Shouldn't I be assigning Smartsheet roles to DocuSign? If so, how is this completed?

But I continue to

• strobn
    strobn ✭✭✭

Is this integration one way, or can DocuSign feed information back into SmartSheets?

• Lauren Dominique
    Lauren Dominique Overachievers

Hi @Cwisegood. I've only mapped DocuSign roles to specific Smartsheet fields once; the other times I have pre-assigned the roles in DocuSign because the individuals in the routing process remained the same regardless of the item that was submitted.

In the one instance where I've mapped roles to DocuSign from Smartsheet via Document Builder, I too needed the email to be in a text field instead of a contact field. I assume this is because DocuSign cannot pull just the email from a contact field (I'm not sure about you, but when we use the contact field at my organization, it populates not only with a person's email, but also their name-essentially linking to their Smartsheet account).

One way you could work around that would be to create a helper column that pulls the email from the contact field. To do this, you would create a duplicate of your contact column ("Helper-Contact"), then switch the properties from contact to text. All of the contacts would then change to NAME <EMAIL> format. You'd then have to create a second helper column ("Email"), and a third helper column ("marker"). You'd then use the below formulas to pull over only the email from the Helper-Contact column as it's written within the <> into the Email column.

Formula for the marker column: =MAX(FIND("<", [Helper-Contact]@row), 2)

Formula for the Email column: =IFERROR(MID([Helper-Contact]@row, marker@row + 1, (LEN([Helper-Contact]@row) - (FIND("<", [Helper-Contact]@row))) - 1), "")

With the above, you'd then have an email in a text column that could be mapped to a role in Smartsheet.

If this comment helped you, please help me and help others by using the buttons below if you found it 💡 Insightful or ❤️ Awesome!

• Angelo C.
    Angelo C. ✭✭✭

Hi @Lauren Dominique,

Hope you are well.

Have you ever had any issues with docusign templates whereby when you generate a document from smartsheet and it returns blank fields? All mapping is correctly done.

I have tried everything and it just doesn't work.

Thanks.

Angelo