Pivot App: Duplicate / Old Rows not being removed

Has anyone had an issue with old rows not being clearer out of a sheet generated by a Pivot? My only remedy so far is to delete all rows and re-run the pivot. Im thinking its a processing issue because it occurs with larger data sets.

Tags:

Answers

• Hi @markkrebs

If there's no data associated with those rows at all, then the rows should be removed from the destination sheet. Essentially the Pivot should re-create the entire table, only creating rows where there's data.

If this does not describe what you're experiencing, and you're finding that if the Rows selected no longer have one of the previous values yet it still appears in the final sheet, I would suggest reaching out to Support with a full recording of the issue (including both sheets and each tab of your Pivot workflow set-up).

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Tobias Krause
    Tobias Krause ✭✭✭✭

Hi @markkrebs ,

Just seeing your post now. I actually had the same issue beginning of december. I opened a support case and got the reply that this is a known bug. Unfortunately I never got a reply if the issue is fixed now or not, so I just opened a new case asking for that.

Do you have any updates yet?

• markkrebs
    markkrebs ✭✭✭✭✭✭

No - I just delete the rows and rerun. I think its a row commit issue on big data sets