Basic functionality improvements

Stevey C
Stevey C ✭✭✭✭
edited 11/22/23 in Smartsheet Basics
  1. individual cell dropdowns like you can do in excel using data validation, column dropdowns are great but limiting especially for creating workflows reports with multiple unique questions. Currently I have to Bodge it using a multiple cell addition into an index match, it works but it's faffy.
  2. fixed sort which triggers once sheet opened / refreshed or option to dictate automation to go into top row - when automating rows to transfer from master sheet to sub-sheets the rows are added to the bottom which is not always the desired location. - I know can be achieved by pulling data into reports but sometimes this is not good enough.
  3. Tables in forms - I deal with over 60,000 unique parts and countless revisions so a multi-select dropbox is not going to work.

Comments

• Hey @Stevey C

Thank you for providing your feedback! However since there are three separate requests all in the same post, I've removed this from the Product Ideas section - each individual idea needs to be its own separate post so that other members can vote on which one they agree with.

Here are some existing Ideas that you can add your vote and comments to, or if these aren't exactly what you're looking for, please feel free to create individual Ideas specifying your needs.

Here's more information regarding posting Ideas: FAQs and Guidelines for posting Product Feedback Ideas

Cheers,

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now

• Stevey C
    Stevey C ✭✭✭✭

Ok I added upvotes where a close match - the final one I need to read whether close enough - it maybe my usage of Smartsheet is an outlier.

what would be good is understanding what triggers an inclusion of an idea to becoming a candidate for the products improvement? Whilst I appreciate it's impossible to include all ideas, having an understanding of how we can influence change would be insightful.

• Thanks for voting, @Stevey C!

Product Ideas submitted using the Community ideation & vote system are reviewed on a monthly basis by the Product team. They look at the top-voted posts for each month and provide a Status update to indicate if it's on our current roadmap or not.

The Community is only one of the many listening channels that Product uses to determine roadmap items: we receive feedback in the application (the bullhorn icon), the EAP program, the feedback form, direct feedback, and more. This means that the votes in Community are not always representative of the bigger picture - a Community request with what seems to be a high number of votes does not guarantee that feature will be on the roadmap, but it does guarantee that the Product team will have extra visibility into the need for that item.

If an Idea is important to you, keep sharing it with others to get their votes and direct feedback as well.

Thanks!

Genevieve

Join us at Smartsheet ENGAGE 2024 🎉
    October 8 - 10, Seattle, WA | Register now