Automation: lock row if attachments are present

Eric B.
Eric B. ✭✭✭
edited 12/30/23 in Smartsheet Basics

I'd like to be able to build an automation to lock a row if attachments are present. How can I make this happen?

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Eric B.

I hope you're well and safe!

You can add a workflow that triggers when an attachment is added to the row and then locks the row.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week & Happy Holidays!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Eric B.
    Eric B. ✭✭✭

Thanks @Andrée Starå !

I have an automation to move a row onto an archive sheet and am looking to lock the row once it lands on the archive sheet, if any attachment is present.

I'm assuming the trigger needed is both added and changed? When you talk through the automation out loud, it sounds redundant. "Trigger when a row is added and when an attachment is added/changed." Screenshot:

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Eric B.

Happy to help!

I think you have to add a workflow to the source sheet that checks a checkbox in a helper column to indicate an attachment and then use it on the destination to trigger the lock.

Make sense?

Did that work/help?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up/Awesome or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.