SF Connector and Smartsheet contacts

Options
TJordan
TJordan ✭✭
edited 12/29/23 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

I'm playing around with several different SF connector workflows. One of the workflows I'm testing out is for our Project object. Our SF project object has fields listed for Project Manager, Project Engineer, Delivery Manager, etc. The team members that will populate in those SF fields also have access to smartsheets.

My current workflow is pulling the team member assigned to those fields from the project object into smartsheet. The end goal is using the info that was pulled as a project intake form for Control Center. My question is if there's a way when connector pulls those names to immediately convert them to the smartsheet contacts instead of having to manually update so they become smartsheet contacts.

The screenshot below (boxed in red) is the example of the data that was pulled from the Project Object. As you can see, they're just listed as text and not using the smartsheet contact list.

I hope this question makes sense.

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @TJordan

Try syncing an email field to a Contact column; this should enable the email to be seen as a Contact.

If you need the display name along with the email, you could map the contact Name to a Text/Number field and then use an Index(Match formula to bring in the related Contact (by referencing a sheet that contains all Names + Contacts).

Another option would be to use the Assign People workflow to update the cell when it contains a specific name (if you have a set number of contacts). Here's more information: Assign people with an automated workflow

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @TJordan

Try syncing an email field to a Contact column; this should enable the email to be seen as a Contact.

If you need the display name along with the email, you could map the contact Name to a Text/Number field and then use an Index(Match formula to bring in the related Contact (by referencing a sheet that contains all Names + Contacts).

Another option would be to use the Assign People workflow to update the cell when it contains a specific name (if you have a set number of contacts). Here's more information: Assign people with an automated workflow

Cheers,

Genevieve

• TJordan
    TJordan ✭✭
    Options

Thank you so much Genevieve for all these different suggestions. I'll play around with each to see which works best. The Assign People workflow has really piqued my interest. I'll let you know how it goes!