Control Center Profile Data-Appearing in Date column to the right of Primary

Options

Either I am unclear on how the profile data is supposed to populate into template sheets, or this is a bug. When I do not designate a Target Column for Profile Data in SCC, it should appear in a text/number column to the right of the Primary Column. However, the columns to the right of my Primary Column are designated Date or Dropdown columns and Profile Data is populating there. The next designated Text/Number column is 5 columns to the right of the Primary Column. Is there a limit to how far Profile Data can 'skip over' non-text/number columns? Any help you can provide would be helpful.

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Tina,

I have always set up sheets that take in CC profile data with the assumption that PD will populate the column directly to the right with the PD. Since I've always done this I don't actually know if you can skip columns but my assumption is that regardless of column type the PD will go there (though unsure of what would happen if the second column is some type of system column, column formula, etc.).

In cases where I do not want the direct right of the primary to display the PD I will still add a text column and then hide it and optionally reference this column elsewhere (wherever you want it displayed).

👨🏼💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting | Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting and reacting w/ 💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome!

PS - If you have a follow up response tag me @SoS | Dan Palenchar so I get notified of your reply!

• Tina Rustvold
    Tina Rustvold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Dan - That is a helpful confirmation. FYI, the column my profile data is appear, to the right of primary, is a date column with dependencies so I was surprised. I hope that is a helpful bit of info for you too. Have a great week!