Auto move sheet to another folder after few day

Hello !

i have question: we have a lot of smartsheet to capture information, but many of them have no update in more than 30 days, is there any feature that auto check these sheets, which have more than 30 days no update and move to specific folder ?

Thank you

Answers

• Ric T
    Ric T ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @vanhieu,

From my understanding, Smartsheet doesn't have an auto-archival process setup, but that'll be a neat idea to submit. With current available tools, I'd recommend creating an Archive folder in your workspace, then create an archive sheet for your sheets you'd want them to transfer to. Using automation that checks against the Modified Date column of your entry, use a condition to move anything that has no changes since that last modified date to the respective archive sheet that you created.

Cheers,

Ric

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @vanhieu

I hope you're well and safe!

To add to Ric's excellent advice/answer.

• If you have access to Control Center or if it's an option to acquire, you can set up an Archival process, which isn't fully automated, so you would still have to confirm before it gets archived.
    • Other options could be the Smartsheet API or a 3rd-party service like Zapier or similar.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.