Email notification if resource assigned within 48 hours of the assignment date

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a way in automation to notify a resource when they have been assigned to a row, and the date is within the next 2 days (within the next 48 hours). I have found an answer on the community page (attached) but I am unable to find those settings in "Automation" or "Conditional Formatting" sections of my sheet. Where do I find "New Rule"? Is that still an available feature?

Tags:

Best Answer

• Ashlee Slaughter
    Ashlee Slaughter ✭✭✭
    edited 01/25/24 Answer ✓

Yes. You can add an automation to notify a contact in a cell when a row is assigned to them.

• Create a workflow from scratch
    • Set the trigger to when rows are added or changed and select the cell with the contact to be the cell change that triggers the workflow
    • Add a condition and select the field with the date for "where" and then set to "is in the next (days)" and enter 2
    • Add an alert and set it to alert a contact in a cell, select the cell with the contact

Answers

• Ashlee Slaughter
    Ashlee Slaughter ✭✭✭
    edited 01/25/24 Answer ✓

Yes. You can add an automation to notify a contact in a cell when a row is assigned to them.

• Create a workflow from scratch
    • Set the trigger to when rows are added or changed and select the cell with the contact to be the cell change that triggers the workflow
    • Add a condition and select the field with the date for "where" and then set to "is in the next (days)" and enter 2
    • Add an alert and set it to alert a contact in a cell, select the cell with the contact
  • Jolene
    Jolene ✭✭✭

Thank you, Ashlee! This was perfect. I appreciate you taking the time to write this out.

Have a great day!