Dynamic view for person & team

Options

Hi

I have several DV's set up for individuals to review a task list. These individuals are grouped into several teams. I have had a request to create a view that shows the team members tasks, as well as the tasks of other team members in the same team.

Suggestions on the best way to achieve this?

Best Answers

• Philip Robbins
    Philip Robbins ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/02/24 Answer ✓
    Options

@Neil Watson I've just tested out another option that might work for you.

Set up a separate team list sheet with a row per team and a multi-select contact column for the team members.

On your task sheet you'll need a single-select contact column for your assignee, a column for your team name (text/number is fine) and a multi-select contact column for the team. Assignee should be selectable. Under the team name column add the following column formula:

=INDEX(COLLECT({Team list Name}, {Team list Team}, HAS(@cell, Assignee@row)), 1)

Note, here 'Team list Name' is the name of the team and 'Team list Team' is the multi-select contact column with the team members.

Under the multi-select contact column in the task sheet add the following column formula:

=INDEX(COLLECT({Team list Team}, {Team list Name}, [Team Name]@row), 1)

This should pull through all the contacts for the relevant team and you should then be able to set up a Dynamic View that is filtered on that column that gives you your 'My Team's Tasks'.

Let me know if you get it up and running.

• Philip Robbins
    Philip Robbins ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Neil Watson if I've understood you correctly I believe this would only work if you were looking to select just one team. You can't pull back contacts from multiple cells (e.g. contacts from multiple teams) to a single cell and have them retain the contact format. This is a quirk of the contact column type that's discussed in other community threads. For most data types, JOIN/COLLECT works perfectly for this, but with contacts they don't retain their format and hence can't be used to filter a Dynamic View. So selecting one team and INDEX/COLLECT is your only option.

Answers