Dynamic view for person & team

Hi

I have several DV's set up for individuals to review a task list. These individuals are grouped into several teams. I have had a request to create a view that shows the team members tasks, as well as the tasks of other team members in the same team.

Suggestions on the best way to achieve this?

Best Answer

• Philip Robbins
    Philip Robbins ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/02/24 Answer ✓

@Neil Watson I've just tested out another option that might work for you.

Set up a separate team list sheet with a row per team and a multi-select contact column for the team members.

On your task sheet you'll need a single-select contact column for your assignee, a column for your team name (text/number is fine) and a multi-select contact column for the team. Assignee should be selectable. Under the team name column add the following column formula:

=INDEX(COLLECT({Team list Name}, {Team list Team}, HAS(@cell, Assignee@row)), 1)

Note, here 'Team list Name' is the name of the team and 'Team list Team' is the multi-select contact column with the team members.

Under the multi-select contact column in the task sheet add the following column formula:

=INDEX(COLLECT({Team list Team}, {Team list Name}, [Team Name]@row), 1)

This should pull through all the contacts for the relevant team and you should then be able to set up a Dynamic View that is filtered on that column that gives you your 'My Team's Tasks'.

Let me know if you get it up and running.

Answers

• Philip Robbins
    Philip Robbins ✭✭✭✭

Hi @Neil Watson,

If your task sheet has a column with a team selector you can set up sheet filters for each team based on the column value and Dynamic Views based on these filters that you share with each team. Further, you could have a separate sheet which lists each individual as a contact and which team they are in, then on your task sheet perform a lookup in your team column based on the assignee, so you only ever have to select the assignee and the correct team is returned.

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks @Philip Robbins, I will have to go down that path. I am embedding the DV links in a WorkApp and was hoping to reduce the number of links to "My Tasks" and "My Teams Tasks".

• Philip Robbins
    Philip Robbins ✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/02/24 Answer ✓

@Neil Watson I've just tested out another option that might work for you.

Set up a separate team list sheet with a row per team and a multi-select contact column for the team members.

On your task sheet you'll need a single-select contact column for your assignee, a column for your team name (text/number is fine) and a multi-select contact column for the team. Assignee should be selectable. Under the team name column add the following column formula:

=INDEX(COLLECT({Team list Name}, {Team list Team}, HAS(@cell, Assignee@row)), 1)

Note, here 'Team list Name' is the name of the team and 'Team list Team' is the multi-select contact column with the team members.

Under the multi-select contact column in the task sheet add the following column formula:

=INDEX(COLLECT({Team list Team}, {Team list Name}, [Team Name]@row), 1)

This should pull through all the contacts for the relevant team and you should then be able to set up a Dynamic View that is filtered on that column that gives you your 'My Team's Tasks'.

Let me know if you get it up and running.

• Neil Watson
    Neil Watson ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Philip Robbins spot on mate! Works perfectly and as intended. Thanks very much, great example and use of index/collect.

Thanks

Neil