Is there a way to see who an automated notification was sent to?

Options

I have a workflow set up that is based on using the symbols column. We have a ton of potential volunteers that have filled out a volunteer form and those that are marked as a 4 star or 5 star are then sent an automated email based on the email they entered in a contact column. The automated email instructs them on next steps for the volunteer process.

The issue I have run into is that several people that were not marked with 4 or 5 stars have entered data in the next steps process. When I test on my end, the automation seems to work as intended so I'm not sure how these people received the instructions to move on to phase 2. Is there a way in Smartsheet to see which email addresses the notification was sent to in order to compare the setup of how the automation is intended with how it is performing?

Tags:

Answers

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello @MDexter

What do they do after getting instructions?

Is it only a notification or is it also an update request?

• MDexter
    MDexter ✭✭✭
    Options

They receive an email notification with a link to submit next steps. We have had multiple people submit next steps through that link that should not have received it. It is not an update request. Thanks!

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/27/24
    Options

@MDexter

Does the link direct you back to the same sheet that sends the notification?

I ask because the automation may be indirectly triggered by just having data add/change in the sheet, no matter who is doing it.

If not, I suggest using the 4 stars or 5 stars as a condition to send the automation and a record date afterwards in a date column to show when it was sent. You could even use the date as a condition so that it thinks a notification is already sent and won't send duplicates.