New "Workload Features" creating projects in Resource Management

Options
MCorbin
MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
edited 02/29/24 in Resource Management

I noticed today that I have a bunch of new random projects in Resource Management - whose owners are users who don't have RM access.

My best guess is that the new "Workload Features" are creating projects in RM whenever a user clicks on it. Is that correct?

Here's the issue.... I have enough trouble keeping RM clean and updated without a bunch of random users creating projects (accidentally or intentionally).

How do we keep those "projects" segregated from our real/production RM account?

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hey @MCorbin

You're correct, that's why those projects are showing up. Currently, there is no automatic way to separate them out. You could hide Workload Tracking projects by setting up a Project Custom Field for Projects, then once you've applied a Custom Fields to those projects, you can filter and create saved views.

Please submit your feature request to the Product team by creating an Idea Post in the Smartsheet Product Feedback and Ideas topic here in the Community.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni
    Options

Thanks @Genevieve P.

I think the issue here is that an existing/established user shouldn't be having to do something extra to hide clutter coming from a new Smartsheet feature... That extra work should have been implemented with the feature. The Workload Tracking projects should have a Workload Tracking custom field that can be filtered out.