Control Center - Project Summary Data

Options
axwestlake
axwestlake ✭✭
edited 03/08/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

I'm working with Control Center for the first time and setting up a blueprint. My project templates are pretty straightforward - project plan, RAID log, reports, dashboard, etc. I have a portfolio list which will serve as both the intake list and the portfolio list (using a status to identify what's new, approved, etc.).

Is the only way to pull project summary data (i.e. current health, progress, start date, end date, etc.) from the project plan into the portfolio list to have a parent task at the top labeled Summary and then a child row for each parameter? That seems antiquated. I'd love to use data on my Project Summary panel or just the top row of my project instead. Is that possible? The two screen prints show what I'd like to use instead of setting up a Summary parent task which a child for each parameter. Thanks!

Best Answer

• Matt___New_Era_Tech
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @axwestlake

You can definitely use a single line to summarize all of the data from your project plan (or you can use sheet summary combined with a hidden line), you will just need to utilize an intermediary metadata sheet in your template that references the designated cells.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a message and we can chat through it.

Matthew Strehler | Senior Solutions Consultant

New Era Technology

Matthew.Strehler@NewEraTech.com | neweratech.com

Answers

• Matt___New_Era_Tech
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @axwestlake

You can definitely use a single line to summarize all of the data from your project plan (or you can use sheet summary combined with a hidden line), you will just need to utilize an intermediary metadata sheet in your template that references the designated cells.

If you have questions, feel free to send me a message and we can chat through it.

Matthew Strehler | Senior Solutions Consultant

New Era Technology

Matthew.Strehler@NewEraTech.com | neweratech.com