How can I change the date format in Dynamic View?

Options

I have all my Smartsheet sheets with the date format like DD/MMM/YYYY but when I create the Dynamic Views the date format like DD/MM/YY.

Someone can help me correct this to reflect exactly the same format as my sheets?

My sheet

My Dynamic View

Answers

• Gia Thinh
    Gia Thinh ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi

As far as I know, there are no settings for date format in Dynamic View. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it at the moment. However, you can request an enhancement for upcoming Dynamic View releases.

Gia Thinh Technology Co., LTD - Smartsheet Solution Partner.

• Rhianna Johnson
    Options

I just did a work around for this in Dynamic view. I have a "Created" column in the sheet that is in my workspace that is automatically filled in with the date and time when the form is submitted. Since the date and time format in Dynamic View does not look like I need it to I did this work around.

I added an "Entry Time" and "Date" Column in the sheet with my automatic date and time column named "Created" I used the formula =RIGHT(Created@row, 8) in the Entry Time Column and =LEFT(Created@row, 8) for the Date column to extract the date and time out of the Created column. Now that you have those removed you can go to dyamnic view and remove the Created column from the View Display in settings and add your Entry Time and Date columns into the View Display.

Now in your Workspace in your sheet you can hide the "Entry Time" and "Date" column so you don't have double date and time columns on your sheet.

Now you can clearly see the time and date in Dynamic View.