Frustrated

Options
valerie.kelly
edited 03/07/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi All - I am new to Smartsheets and I'm attempting to teach myself as I go. I created a sheet for every department that also has a form attached with specific questions to be answered. Department managers will use the form link provided to input their information daily. I am struggling with how to get these metrics to update with the information from my source sheet that has been entered most recently. It seems like I can only get the metric to report out on one row and if that specific row does not contain the most recent information it does not update.

I've tried adding a helper date column and utilizing an automation but whatever I'm doing doesn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated. I've been trying to figure this out for almost 2 weeks and I'm about ready to give up!

Example of one source sheet:

Example of my metrics that I want to automatically update:

Answers

• Matt___New_Era_Tech
    Options

Hi @valerie.kelly

The easiest way to get this to work is to utilize a helper column that determines which submission was made most recently (this can be a checkbox or have a certain value), combined with either a formula to grab it connected to a metric, or a report that just looks at the most recent entry.

If you have any questions, feel free to send me a message and we can walk through it.

Matthew Strehler | Senior Solutions Consultant

New Era Technology

Matthew.Strehler@NewEraTech.com | neweratech.com

• valerie.kelly
    Options

Hi Matthew - I'd love more help! I'll send you an e-mail :)