Assigned Role not configured in Docusign integration

Options

When I'm trying to send a document from my sheet via Docusgin integration I see this error:

When I look at my assigned rolls on the mapping, you can see I have 2 that are mapped to columns and 2 that go to a specific email address. The first one does not appear to cause the error, but the second one does. (see photo)

For the record, the email addresses are good. I also notice it won't let me edit these. How can I fix this?

Tags:

Answers

• Jason Albrecht
    Jason Albrecht ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/19/24
    Options

Hi @Andrea Westrich

Can you please confirm if the Authorized Agent is in your sheet?

If so, is the Agent Name entered as text/number or as Contact?

When I had a similar situation, I realized, after going through this article in detail, I needed to map the fields in my sheet "in order to assign signing roles." The example expands on this explanation by indicating "the Applicant and Hiring Manager contact columns in my applicant tracker sheet..."

However, I suspect, like you, I've not created 'contact columns' but name and email columns.

So, your Agent Name and their email will need to be columns in your sheet, in order to map them.

And, yes, you're right; this field is not editable.

I found I had to start from scratch - deleting the mapping and starting again with the selection of template and assigning the fields.

Hope this helps and that you have a great day,

Jason Albrecht MBA, MBus(AppFin), DipFinMgt

LinkedIn profile - Open to work