👋 Welcome! Introduce yourself and connect with your peers in Education to receive your industry badge.

Efficient Monthly Report Data Collection System for Faculty using Smartsheet

Options
bs786
bs786
edited 03/15/24 in Education

I am looking to create a streamlined system in Smartsheet to collect monthly report data from faculty members efficiently. This would include updates on publications, grants submission, presentations, etc. The main goals include consolidating all of this information in one place, providing a user-friendly interface for staff to enter data, and generating various reports, such as individual productivity reports, monthly division reports, and yearly activity reports. The system should utilize Smartsheet's features for forms, automation, calculations, reporting, security, and integration to achieve these objectives effectively. Any guidance or insights on setting up such a system would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/07/24
    Options

Hi,

I hope you're well and safe!

• You could have forms collecting the data and combine them with alerts/reminders for the different users to submit.
    • Another option could be to have a sheet with all the users you need to collect data from and use the Update Request feature to collect it on the same row for each user for each update. If you want to keep a running log with this option, you can combine it with another sheet and workflow to copy rows over.

Make sense?

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Jennifer Kurtz
    Options

This sounds like a great opportunity to build a Smartsheet solution. :)

I've found it's helpful to use one or more collection sheets and then creating a "roll-up" sheet (with cross-sheet formulas) to calculate all the things I'm looking for. (Sometimes putting all of those calculations in a collection sheet itself - even in summary fields - gets to be too cumbersome. I like the flexibility with using a new sheet for the roll-up.) A roll-up sheet is great for driving metrics & charts on a dashboard, too.

You could consider using a monthly reminder on the collection sheet with a link to a submission form for the various data you're looking for.

A dashboard with some high-level metrics and charts always adds some interest! It's a great place to add reports for staff, too, and create a central place they can find information.

Good luck and have fun!

• BraylenStanton
    Options

Use the Smartsheet feature to create a form that teachers can use to enter their reports. Provide a user-friendly and intuitive interface. Use automation in Smartsheet for report completion notifications, report due date reminders, and other routine tasks. Smartsheet features to calculate, summarize, and aggregate data from teacher reports to create shared reports and analytics.