👋 Welcome! Introduce yourself and connect with your peers in Education to receive your industry badge.

Welcome to the Education Community!

Options
JulieE
JulieE Employee
edited 03/15/24 in Education

This is a space for Smartsheet users that work in the education industry to connect, share ideas, challenges, best practices and how you are using Smartsheet to transform education. 

My name is Julie, I lead Education marketing at Smartsheet and am excited to get to know you all. I will be sharing helpful resources, upcoming industry events, discussion questions, and more. We also have a full team dedicated to supporting the Education Industry - you’ll see them jump in from time to time to help, but first and foremost, this space is yours to connect and collaborate with peers.

We’ve created a unique Education badge just for this community to showcase on your profile and use to connect with others. Introduce yourself and start engaging with your peers and the badge will be automatically added to your profile.

Need a little inspiration? Tell us:

• Where do you work and what’s your department/role?
  • How long have you been using Smartsheet?
  • How are you using Smartsheet today or planning to in the future?
  • What else would you like to learn from your peers in the education industry?

Comments

• Deanna Vandermeer
    Deanna Vandermeer Overachievers Alumni
    Options

This is wonderful! I will happily share a little about myself.

• I work for Mesa County Valley School District 51 in Grand Junction, Colorado. I work directly for our Chief Academic Officer. My title is Curriculum Financial Analyst & Administrative Liaison. My main duties include supporting a multitude of departments including, Curriculum, Professional Learning, and Teacher Induction, just to name a few. I also am one of our district's Smartsheet Guru's in charge of training and supporting our licensed and non-licensed users, developing solutions for not only the departments I directly support but for other departments within our district as well. I am currently in my 37th year working for our district.
    • I have been using Smartsheet since 2017 and wish I had discovered Smartsheet much earlier in my career.
    • I use Smartsheet to manage all our budgets, our electronic MOU process, professional learning course request process, forms for Principals to enter in their planned school building conferences for each school year, simple attendance tracking for district-wide events, budget planning process, the list goes on and on and on. I LIVE in Smartsheet all day, every day! I am also planning for my future retirement by documenting ALL of my Smartsheet solutions and projects in order to ensure that everything I have worked for and towards can continue on after I eventually retire.
    • I am always interested in learning how my peers in the education industry are currently using Smartsheet plus I am more than willing to share out more around how our district is currently using Smartsheet and some of the challenges we have faced along the way.

I just LOVE Smartsheet and Smartsheet Community, thank you for creating this space for us to collaborate!

Smartsheet Overachievers Alumni

• Sarah Val Valente
    Options

Hi y'all!

• Where do you work and what’s your department/role? Senior Project Manager, Communications & Marketing Division, Berklee 🎶
    • How long have you been using Smartsheet? Since 2022, it's been a whirlwind!
    • How are you using Smartsheet today or planning to in the future? We use Smartsheet for intake, budget management, forms. It is integral to our event space booking, support, and web listing/program process. I did a user group about it last Fall, check it out here. My institution continues to implement it in new ways.
    • What else would you like to learn from your peers in the education industry? I am curious to learn more about how folks are doing their onboarding for this tool.

Best,

Val

• Stu Benoff
    Stu Benoff ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi All,

• I work for the University of Pennsylvania in the central IT department. By day I am an IT project manager and use Smartsheet for managing work. Also by day, I am the System Admin for one of the plans available at our institution.
    • We have been using Smartsheet for about 7 years.
    • My group uses Smartsheet mostly for project management. We have Resource Management tool as well for time reporting and waiting for the integration between Smartsheet and RM to improve before trying to tie them together. Smartsheet is used across the spectrum for business process or workflow improvements
    • We are also curious about onboarding and offboarding processes as we find Smartsheet lacking many administrative processes to support these activities.

Looking forward to working with you all.

Stu

• Mitchell Moses
    Options

Good Morning.

• I'm a Veterinarian by Training, and I work for Lincoln Memorial Richard A. Gillespie College of Veterinary Medicine in Harrogate, Tennessee.
    • I'm the Associate Dean of Clinical Relations, and my team is responsible for the design and delivery of our distributive clinical year experience for students, where they do their clinical training in Veterinary Practices around the country.
    • We have been using SmartSheet since my arrival four years ago for many purposes, including attendance management, grade management, schedule management, and more.
    • I would love help with how to keep all the different sheets organized. We have so many different iterations that I'm challenged with remembering where things are.
  • Peggy Parchert
    Peggy Parchert ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Good morning!

• I work for GIAC certifications. We develop and administer professional information security certifications. My role is Project management/administration.
    • I have been using Smartsheet since July 2016 - it is my favorite app both professionally and personally! 😀
    • We use Smartsheet mostly for project management and tracking of the various exam development tasks that are completed for new certification development. We have recently started to expand to other areas. DataShuttle, API and forms are now being used for various tasks that were previously mostly manual. 
    • Learning new ways to utilize Smartsheet that we aren’t currently (or didn’t think about using it for.
  • Chris St Louis
    Options

Hi All,

• For the past 4 years have been working at Princeton University in the Office of Information Technology where I am a Project Manager for Strategic IT Initiatives.
    • I have been using Smartsheet for about 8 years, primarily to manage projects.
    • I work with different departments across the University and take the opportunity to introduce Smartsheet to them through my project communications.
    • I love to learn how others are using Smartsheet, and more than happy to share how I use it.
    • One of my challenges is finding creative ways to utilize the platform within the confines of the Business License, whilst evangelizing the product in the hope that the "powers that be" may see fit to upgrade our license 😉.
    • Looking forward to learning from you all.
    • Oh, and for anyone who hasn't been to "Engage" in person, I highly recommend it; my 1st time last September and I learned a lot, made some great connections, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • abbyc.hg
    Options

Hi, folks -

• I am the Enterprise Project Manager at the Office of Enrollment Compliance and Design here at Cornell University. I have been with my team since February 2024, so just hit two years and have been using Smartsheet since day one.
    • Our team supports the Office of the University Registrar, University Admissions Office, Financial Aid and Student Employment, and any enrollment related initiatives across the university. Project requests come in through a Smartsheet form and we manage our primary project register there. We use Dynamic Views to share with our business analysts all the tasks they've been assigned to and we're working on establishing unit-specific dashboards to track project metrics. We're hoping to scale these to include academic program registration and other enterprise projects underway.
    • We are struggling to find the right mechanism to build collaborative project documents from our request form. I'd be interested to hear how others generate these either in Smartsheet directly, the Google integration space, or otherwise.

• ksmith1
    ksmith1 ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello everyone.

• Where do you work and what’s your department/role? -- I am the Marketing Manager at a community college in northern Illinois.
    • How long have you been using Smartsheet? -- I have been using Smartsheet for a little over a year.
    • How are you using Smartsheet today or planning to in the future? -- I am currently using Smartsheet to track and organize the tasks involved in our marketing campaigns. I am planning to start using it to also track the other projects my department handles. I would them like to create an executive dashboard. Finally, we are also looking into creating a project request form with sheets, dashboards, etc.
    • What else would you like to learn from your peers in the education industry? -- I would like to know how others in Education are using Smartsheet.

• Courtney Weth
    Options

Hi Everyone!

• Where do you work and what’s your department/role? I am the project manager at Cyber Florida at the University of South Florida.
    • How long have you been using Smartsheet? Almost 4 years with different companies.
    • How are you using Smartsheet today or planning to in the future? We are currently using it to track our grant projects, proposals and opportunity review workflow along with daily task boards, dashboards and program tasks.
    • What else would you like to learn from your peers in the education industry? I am just curious to know if there are any others out there in the grant space are using Smartsheet.

• Scalperjim
    Scalperjim ✭✭✭
    Options

Hello Everyone,

• Where do you work and what’s your department/role? - North Central College in IL. Director of Technology Infrastructure.
    • How long have you been using Smartsheet? - 5 years
    • How are you using Smartsheet today or planning to in the future? - Project Management Office which runs all the projects for our division (currently 21). Cybersecurity Controls, Request Management, Policy Governance, A/V Inventory, Infrastructure Responsibilities, Project Cost Tracking & License Management.
    • What else would you like to learn from your peers in the education industry? - How's the acceptance for Smartsheet going at your school?

• Jennifer Kurtz
    Options

Hi!

• Where do you work and what’s your department/role? I work for Lancaster-Lebanon IU13. (We're an education service agency in Pennsylvania. PA has 29 intermediate units, and the one in my area is #13!) I'm a coordinator for our data services, as part of our Statewide Projects team.
    • How long have you been using Smartsheet? About 5 years
    • How are you using Smartsheet today or planning to in the future? We use & rely on Smartsheet for SO MANY areas of our work - keeping track of all of the resources we develop (and a regular review process), tracking contract funds and work updates, deliverables tracking with external partners...to name a few.
    • What else would you like to learn from your peers in the education industry? I love to hear what others are doing with Smartsheet -- and gaining some new ideas or tips!

• ktmichael
    Options

I'm so thrilled to see an education community! I've been dabbling with Smartsheets for a little over a year to try to manage the onslaught of projects. I am a PK-12 school superintendent and I know there is power in this tool that will help make all of our lives easier but I have so much to learn!

• Jaime Spangler
    Options

Hello everyone!

• Where do you work and what’s your department/role? I am a project manager within the Continuous Improvement and Project Management team for UVA.
    • How long have you been using Smartsheet? In total, I would say probably about five years! I used it previously for a credit union I worked for.
    • How are you using Smartsheet today or planning to in the future? We are using Smartsheet to track projects and tasks, as well as create dashboards to tell a story about what we have accomplished across different teams and departments. In the future, we are hoping to utilize some of the resource management features.
    • What else would you like to learn from your peers in the education industry? I enjoy seeing how others use Smartsheet and then try to incorporate that into ways our team can also benefit.

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi all!

I made this post before this was a thread with a badge opportunity. Here's the link to my post:

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/98166/a-bit-about-me#latest

• Charlene Stacy
    Charlene Stacy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello, Happy to join the group. I'm registered for a webinar tomorrow for Exclusive Higher Education Webinar, but don't have a link to the meeting. Can anyone help?