Created By is automation@smartsheet.com

I have 5 rows that were added to a sheet and all have the Created By automation@smartsheet.com - I don't understand how a row would be created by an automation. It also didn't follow any of the usual workflows when a row is added via the form.

Any insight on what would cause this would be great. Thank you!

Tags:

Answers

• Humashankar
    Humashankar ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Kelly Pratt

Kindly take a quick review in the audit trail into actions taken on the sheet and who performed them, including automated actions

If incase your sheet is integrated with external systems through services, These integrations can create rows directly in sheet based on triggers from external sources.

Hope this helps - Happy to help further!!

Thank you very much and have a great one!

Warm regards

Huma

Community Leader

• Scott Orsey
    Scott Orsey ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi... Is it possible that the row was moved or copied from another sheet using an automation on that sheet?

Also, ensure that the following is enabled in the security section (in settings) of the form:

This will ensure SS records the user who filled out the form.

I'm not sure what your comment about not following the usual workflows means. Could you provide more information?

Be well

If my response was helpful or answered your question please be sure to upvote it, mark it asawesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

• Kelly Pratt
    Kelly Pratt ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the replies! This solution is not linked to any outside integrations. I tested the copy row/move row functionality and it shows web-form, not automation@smartsheet.com.

I checked the history log and it says a row was inserted but provides no other details about how.

It is very strange...