Approval Flow Notification

Options
Jodi C
Jodi C ✭✭✭
edited 03/20/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello,

I have a Smartsheet where employees log purchases that need to be done on the company visa card and have to get approved before the spend happens. That said, we have three categories of spend level and the approval request goes as follows:

1. Under $1,000 - sent to their manager for approval
  2. From $1,000 to $5,000 - sent to their manager as well as the director of operations (D of O) for approval
  3. $5,000+ - sent to their manager as well as the managing director for approval

I'm having an issue right now where someone submitted a spend request for ~$3,000 to their manager, who happens to be the D of O but the D of O only got the first approval request and not the second.

I have included screenshots of how the approval flows are set up for reference.

What have I set up wrong?

Answers

• Razetto
    Razetto ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Jodi C Hi, The DoO didn't get the second notification because of the trigger being used. When there's a second approval I suggest linking it to the first within the same workflow so that it automatically triggers instead of setting up multiple workflows. Now, if you want to keep multiple workflows independently see if it works by changing the trigger used and use the conditions so it doesn't duplicate.