Sign in to submit new ideas and vote
Get Started

Reference Reports in Formulas (e.g. VLOOKUP) to sheets

It would be so nice to use a VLOOKUP to reference a report and pull what I need back to my sheet. Unfortunately, sheets can only pull from sheets.

17 votes

Idea Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• rachel_work_
    rachel_work_ ✭✭
    edited 01/08/24

Would be very helpful to create a formula range from a report, and not just from a sheet. This is helpful to pull in data that is organized in a different way in reports vs sheets.

• ker9
    ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Index & Match to report would be helpful as well. I have a report that pulls together data from 200+ sheets.

• Doin_Smart_sheet
    edited 03/25/24

This would be helpful for compiling data from multiple sheets to a report. Then allow you to access the counts from a simple crosssheet formula. Currently if you have a report combining sheets but need cross sheets formula to reference the data you have to create it going across each sheet that' has already been consolidated to a report.

• kchenoweth
    kchenoweth ✭✭✭

I have several projects that utilize a standard set of sheets that I have created. One of those is a sheet that tracks the overall KPI's. I then have a summary sheet that references each of the KPI sheets that shows totals for each region and office of the projects. The problem I have is that I have to link each cell in each sheet individually to get the data I need. I have tried using a report for this, but the column summaries don't offer the types of calculations that I need for rolling up. Therefore, the easiest solution I could think of would be to create a report to which I can add each project and then reference the report via a formula in my summary sheet. The only problem is that is not currently a feature offered. I hope this is a feature that will be considered in the near future!

• This would be GREAT. Having a way to reference a report, which aggregates data from multiple sheets, would be optimal for various tasks.

I recently submitted an idea asking for a way to compile multiple sheet's into one compiled sheet. But having the ability to reference a report essentially does the same thing.

• Instead of a Compiled/ Master sheet, it would essentially be a report that can be referenced.

Fully support this idea.