Data Shuttle Not Mapping Certain Columns

Options

Hey All,

I'm working on a Data shuttle project, and for some reason it's not mapping a couple of columns on the upload workflow. The columns in question are:

Block

Row Number

The offload workflow seems to work fine, as it shows up in the Excel file it creates, but I can't get them to work in an upload work flow.

Tags:

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hey @Ryan Jackson

DataShuttle will not map to smartsheet system columns or formula columns. Are these two columns either of one of these types?

Kelly

• Ryan Jackson
    Options

Hey Kelly,

That's correct. Row number is an Auto Number, and Block is a formula.

I can get away without moving Block over, but is there a way I can still move over the Row Number? I am trying to merge the predecessors from a test schedule into a final one. I was hoping to use Row number as a unique identifier for the Data Shuttle as opposed to copying and pasting thousands of cells.

• MichaelTCA
    MichaelTCA ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Ryan Jackson

You can add the function from the sheet to the expressions of your workflow, then go back to the mapping and tie it to the column you want the data presented it.

You can use the row number as a unique identifier, but you can't overwrite it. If you want to input your own numbers as a unique identifier, use a regular text/number column and set the unique identifier to equal that column.

Another way you could use the auto numbering system in the unique identifier column is to use a third column for a function that sets a prefix/postfix based on the data you are working with. Do not use the prefix and postfix within the auto numbering column. This gives you the ability to organize the data and use it in other situations based on criteria. For example, I use the prefix ROC and AP for bookings, which is based on the location that the order was originally quoted.

Using the JOIN() function to combine the cells allows you to set the "Unique Identifier".