Control Center Portfolio Report - Orphaned Data

Options
Josh Burack
Josh Burack ✭✭
edited 03/27/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello community,

I'm new to control center and will attend the blueprint class next week. The Smartsheet services team created our portfolio solution and I own administrative responsibilities for the solution.

We have a dashboard portfolio summary report that links to portfolio metrics report, it's searching for completed projects (status = complete within the current fiscal year). We had two test projects which were marked complete and archived which have been purged from the system.

The portfolio metrics report has no projects that match the criteria, yet the dashboard portfolio summary report still thinks we have 2 projects matching the criteria.

How does one remove said orphaned data from the dashboard portfolio report safely?

Apologies for the newbie questions ahead of taking the courses.

Thank you,

Josh

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @Josh Burack

I hope you're well and safe!

Is it showing the archived projects or something else?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Josh Burack
    Options

Hi Andree,

It is showing a value of "2" which was the value of two test projects which were archived previously, and the archived data was removed prior to go live (so we did not report 2 complete projects incorrectly). Meaning, there is no archive data in the archive reports, no data in the portfolio metrics report, yet the portfolio summary report "thinks" there are 2 completed and archived projects.

It's like the summary report captures a piece of data from the portfolio metrics report and only adds to the column total and never re-evaluates the child report for an accurate total. Hopefully that made sense.

Best,

Josh

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Josh Burack

Strange!

Can you share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help.

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.