Restricting views in Dynamic View by filter

Options

I have a smartsheet that contains task records for for different departments. I would like to create a Dynamic View for each department that everyone in the specific department can see that only contains the records associated with that department. I can create the filter without a problem, but when I try to Restrict view by sheet filter, it only gives me the option of "No filter-all rows visible to everyone shared." I have figured out how to share with the appropriate groups the based on the email domain, but I can't seem to figure out how to lock the filter to keep them from seeing data for other departments.

I have contact fields, but they are only associated with the individual that the task is assigned to and I would like for everyone in the department to see all of the department's tasks to increase transparency and collaboration.

Best Answer

• Courtney S.
    Courtney S. ✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

After you create a filter on the View's source sheet, it takes a couple minutes for Dynamic View to notice the change. You'll need to exit the Dynamic View editing page and go back in to edit a few minutes later. Also double check that the sheet where you created the filters is really the Dynamic View's source sheet. I can't think why else you wouldn't see the sheet filters there, so you may want to contact support if you still can't see the filters after double-checking & waiting.

Answers