April Question of the Month - Join the conversation and receive a badge

Options

Comments

• meagans
    meagans ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's hard to narrow down what I'd try if I couldn't fail! Building a time machine comes to mind... or successfully fostering kittens (without accidentally adopting one or all of them).

Meagan Struman ⚡️

• Ray Lindstrom
    Ray Lindstrom ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd go to law school and become a lawyer. Was my dream job since childhood.

• Susan Ross
    Susan Ross ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I'd write that novel.

• Kimberly Slavsky
    Options

I can't just narrow this down to one, so I will do three different topics, with the top answer for each.

For the community, I would open an animal shelter where all of the rescues get adopted and get to live their best life.

For me professionally, I would create a program that not only keeps you on task but looks at what you are doing and then gives suggestions for professional development or find roles for you when you are looking to move up. This probably exists somehow but if it doesn't that's what I would do.

For me personally, I would go back for my PhD in Military History, with a focus on 1900-1950, and become a lecturer/professor.

Kimberly S. Slavsky, MPAcc, MS (She/Her)

Operations Principal Professional |Department of Psychiatry

University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus

CU Anschutz Staff Council Vice Chair

University of Colorado Staff Council Vice Chair

• Cataylob
    Options

Great Question! I'd like to say skydiving, but not sure I could bring myself to do it, even if I knew I couldn't fail!

• Isis Taylor
    Options

I would build a compound with generational homes for my entire family. I would heavily invest in the entrepreneurial endeavors of my children, one wants to start a nonprofit cat rescue, and another wants to open a sneaker store.

Isis Taylor

Business Analyst Senior

• Diana Bennett
    Options

Open a coffee/cocktail/ bookstore that has cats available for adoption. I might need to make my answer "play Power Ball" to make this happen 🙂

Diana

• mbarthkelly
    mbarthkelly ✭✭✭
    Options

I would start a career as a comedic singer, improv person.

• Bosakie
    Bosakie ✭✭✭
    Options

Inter Steller travel, what is out there and what is next?

• Tammy Sutton
    Tammy Sutton ✭✭✭✭
    Options

If I knew I wouldn't fail......or fall/die.....I'd try rock climbing and cave scuba diving. I know in my logical brain that both of those are activities I could certainly learn to do. However, fear holds me back for sure! I'm taking baby steps in the fact that we snorkel and do small hikes. I'll continue to take those baby steps by increasing our hiking elevation and possibly learn to snorkel.

Tammy Sutton, CSM, CSPO

Project Manager | MilkTracker

AngelEye Health

https://www.linkedin.com/in/tammy-sutton/

• virgh
    virgh ✭✭✭✭
    Options

CVARELA - You can do that right now. I had always wanted to sell some of my photos as postcards, so I started doing that on Zazzle.com and I was so very excited to see people all over the world purchasing them. I don't do any marketing, just create and post, so this makes a few pennies per month but it's not a source of income for me. I just love that people like my work. However, I do have friends who have put in more effort and they do make enough to call it an actual side hustle. You can do it!

Virginia C. Hire Damrauer

• More1
    More1 ✭✭
    Options

I would build my business in stores and create additional skills using AI.

• Dakota Haeffner
    Dakota Haeffner ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I consider myself someone with empathy and a good 'true north' when it comes to integrity and a moral compass. That being said I think I would try to get into politics to actually try to help people.

• Trish Dillon
    Trish Dillon ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

WINNING THE HIGHEST LOTTERY! by picking all the correct #'s

• Ashley Ferguson
    Options

I love trying new things, so this is a dangerous question 😄

I was into music and theater as a teenager so Broadway and acting would be an absolute dream if I couldn't fail. Although, now, I feel like getting into something more scientific would be fascinating. Particularly, space exploration or astrophysics. I was showing my son a video of the team that ran the Mars rover Opportunity on the last day of the mission after they weren't able to reconnect with it after the dust storm damaged the solar panels, and the emotion they felt for this rover and the discoveries it made through that mission was beyond touching. Any single one of us would love to have work that fulfilling to one's self.

Ashley Ferguson, PMP

IS Project Manager | St. Joseph’s/Candler

http://linkedin.com/in/ashley-ferguson-399396a

This discussion has been closed.