Automated integrations with Employment Hero, Xero, Artisan Plus.

Options

I would like to be able to import data from several different platforms into Smartsheet and have Smartsheet update some data in a 3rd party platform. There's not much data to shift, so I can't afford an expensive solution, but if it's possible to automate that would be great.

Specifically, I want to have our staff and their contact details imported from the HR platform, stock levels imported from a our roasting software, prices updated in Smartsheet to update prices in Xero inventory.

I'm confused about Data Shuttle, Bridge, Zapier and would like to know best practice. I'm on a business account.

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @agoodkeensavage

I hope you're well and safe!

• Data Shuttle and Bridge are Premium Apps that must be acquired separately*.
    • Zapier is a 3rd-party integration that has a separate subscription
    • Another option could be the Smartsheet API

I recommend starting by examining all the applications/services that you want to "sync" and then examining what the different services can do.

There are multiple levels to this.

• I usually develop an import solution in Smartsheet, where you can copy/paste or Export an Excel sheet and then import it.
    • Zapier or similar (depends on the data)
    • Data Shuttle or similar and manually exporting from your system, and then manually adding it to a directory that Data Shuttle automatically imports
    • Automatic export to a location and Data Shuttle automatically imports
    • Smartsheet API or Bridge

*Feel free to reach out at andree@workbold.com, and I'd be happy to help you with the Data Shuttle license and more.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe, and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it Insightful/Vote Up, Awesome, or/and as the accepted answer. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.