Old entries to the top?

Options

Hi all,

I just found out how to put new submissions appear on the top of the sheet, but I have old entries that I want it to be included to the top. I want these changes to apply to the old entries, how can I re-arrange these old entries?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @jorge.pacheco

I am not sure I follow. Am I correct:

• You have a form that was adding new entries to a sheet at the bottom and you have changed it to put them at the top.
    • You now want to sort the existing entries so the oldest is at the bottom.

If that is the case:

1. Add a column to your sheet and choose "created date" as your column type.
    2. Save the sheet.
    3. The created date will populate with the dates on which the rows were added.
    4. Select the created date column, right click and choose Sort Rows
    5. Sort the rows into Descending order.
    6. The newest entry should be at the top and the oldest at the bottom, with the rest in order, in between.
    7. You can now remove the created date column, or hide it, if it bothers you.

Answers

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @jorge.pacheco

I am not sure I follow. Am I correct:

• You have a form that was adding new entries to a sheet at the bottom and you have changed it to put them at the top.
    • You now want to sort the existing entries so the oldest is at the bottom.

If that is the case:

1. Add a column to your sheet and choose "created date" as your column type.
    2. Save the sheet.
    3. The created date will populate with the dates on which the rows were added.
    4. Select the created date column, right click and choose Sort Rows
    5. Sort the rows into Descending order.
    6. The newest entry should be at the top and the oldest at the bottom, with the rest in order, in between.
    7. You can now remove the created date column, or hide it, if it bothers you.

• jorge.pacheco
    Options

Thank you! that worked.

• KPH
    KPH ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Wonderful! Thanks for letting me know.