Approval Request Reminders

Options
ker9
ker9 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 04/12/24 in Smartsheet Basics

Does anyone have a workaround suggestion for recording the history of "reminder" approval requests? Approval Requests that are sent again because the previous had no response.

Currently, Smartsheet does not record the new "Submit" status when an additional request is sent - i.e., it does not overwrite the existing status of Submitted and does not record the new date/time that the 2nd request (or 3rd/4th, etc.) was sent. You have no visible record that it went out.

I'm hoping not to add a bunch of additional helper columns as this sheet has enough columns and there are multiple approval requests that might require reminders.

Testing indicates that if the initial Submitted status is deleted, it will then record the new status history, so probably need to clear that cell prior to sending another request.

Considering adding automation that clears the Status cell in early morning and then reminders go out a couple hours later and will re-update the cell so I can see history and confirm it was sent.

TIA

Enhancement Request Submitted - vote here:

https://community.smartsheet.com/discussion/120361/approval-requests-reminder-history/p1?new=1

Answers