Resource Management Joined() Contact Column unavailable.

Options
RAllen
RAllen ✭✭
edited 04/19/24 in Smartsheet Basics

I have groups where I need to limit the contacts to I would like to track my resources but my "Assignee All Row":

It uses:

=IF(ISBLANK(JOIN([Assignee Design Architecture]@row:[Assignee Sign-Seal]@row)), "-", JOIN(COLLECT([Assignee Design Architecture]@row:[Assignee Sign-Seal]@row, [Assignee Design Architecture]@row:[Assignee Sign-Seal]@row, NOT(ISBLANK(@cell))), ", "))

To combine any entries at right... but isn't showing in the resource list:

Suggestions on how to make a combined contact list available for resource management-

OR

How to filter the contact list (Without Datamesh, central or any addons) on dynamic forms for Admins to assign Assignees from just their group? (One Assignee column would render the issue moot)

Thanks!

Ron

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Options

Hi @RAllen

There currently isn't a way to use a formula to join together multiple individual contacts into one multi-contact column and have those values recognized as contacts. Please add your vote and voice to this related product idea: Combine Contacts from multiple columns into a single cell

To filter the list in a Form, you would need to have multiple columns set up with the Group contacts listed within their own respective columns. Then in your form you can use a Conditional Logic on a dropdown selection where they choose the Group, to then show the related Contact Column.

Cheers,

Genevieve