How to make Value be based on a cell for Automations?

Options

Hello,

I have a automation where i need it to trigger when a cell matches another cell value. So I have a column with an requestor email that is inputted by a form that Person A would fill out. I also have a modified by column to show who was the last person/automation to modify it. I also have a text field for additional information that we can ask follow up questions. I have another trigger that sends a "request an update" email to Person A when we input info into the additional Information cell and change another column status (Dropdown Menu) to additional information required.

So is there a way for the automation to be based on if two cells match? Whether it is here or if i need to add conditions? So it would be something like (When Mod By Changes to Requestor email cell, then trigger)

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I think the easier option would be to use a helper column that uses COUNTIF the two cells match, then use the helper column to trigger the automation.

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!