How to convert multiple email separated by commas from Text column to Contact list column?

Options

I have a text column that has multiple emails and each email is separated by commas and i am trying to pull those multiple emails to contact list columns (I have allowed multiple contacts per cell ON) and be able to send alerts. However, when I do that it just stays as text, not contacts.

Does anybody have any idea how I can fix this? or can we even use a formula to get those in the contact list? The funny part is that it works for single contacts, but it does not work with multiple contacts.

Answers

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi @PKafley

Can you share some screenshots to help me understand the issue a bit better?

How many emails are we talking about in the one cell?

Itai Perez

Project Manager | Transformation Department

Gong cha

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez-740543116/

• PKafley
    PKafley ✭✭✭
    edited 04/17/24
    Options

Hello @Itai,

I have 2 colums. One column is a text field(Double-text) were we will have 2 or more contacts that will be separated by comas. (ss below) and we have a formula in Contact List column(Double-contact List) to get those contacts from "Double-text" column. But seems like Multi contact list column does not like formula becasue it does not convert those emails from "Double-text" columns to contacts so that we can use it in automation.

Just trying to understand if there's any way we can convert those text emails to contacts.

• Itai
    Itai ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@PKafley

What formula are you using to seperate the email addresses?

Itai Perez

Project Manager | Transformation Department

Gong cha

If you found my comment helpful any reaction, Insightful, Awsome etc... would be appreciated🙂

https://www.linkedin.com/in/itai-perez-740543116/