Parent Field Added to Smartsheet Jira Connector

Options

Hi Community, 

To support the new Parent field within Jira, we have added the Parent field for Jira Cloud and on-prem workflows. 

For Jira on-prem workflows, you can now select the Parent field (bi-directional) in addition to the Epic Link (bi-directional) and Parent Link (uni-directional) fields within the Jira Connector. For Jira Cloud workflows, as the Epic Link and Parent Link fields have been removed from Jira Cloud, these fields have been removed from the Jira Connector and the Parent field has been added to the workflow builder. 

You can learn more about how to build Jira Connector workflows here

The Smartsheet Jira Connector is available for licensed users on the Business plan, Enterprise plan, and/or Advance Silver/Gold/Platinum users. Learn more about the Smartsheet Jira Connector here

You can also stay informed by subscribing to receive product release updates for curated news of recently released product capabilities and enhancements for the platform of your choosing, delivered to your inbox. As new releases occur, you will receive a daily email with news of what's released. (Emails will only send daily, Monday-Friday, as new releases are available).

Best, 

Danielle Wilson

Product Marketing Manager

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

Comments

• Grace_User
    edited 04/16/24
    Options

@Danielle Wilson Although the Parent Link is available in the connection fields, I'm still having errors due the Filter JIRA issues screen. When I select the filter "Parent" it is not a drop-down like the filter "Epic Link" which has options for all the Parent/Epic Links. Because of this, my SS row is not creating a card in Jira. Has this been updated?

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

Ahh that's a good point! Let me check in with the team here.

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

@Grace_User the parent field issue should be fixed now! Let me know if that’s not the case!

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet

• Grace_User
    Options

@Danielle Wilson So the Parent Filter is a Drop-down yay!! But, the Drop-Down does not include the Parent Epic Link Numbers. Its bringing in Tasks and Issues, but not Parent. The Epic Filter has all the parents from all the projects, but not the Parent field.

Parent (drop down only lists issues, not parents—and not even all issues). I can't find Parent TLC-40:

Epic (lists all parents from all projects in our organization). I found Parent Link TLC-40:

Can you please look into this and fix asap? We've been waiting for this to work! Thanks!!

• Danielle Wilson
    Options

Thanks for the follow up! Let me circle back with that team.

Danielle W.

Product Marketing

Smartsheet