👋 Welcome! Introduce yourself and connect with your peers in Government to receive your industry badge.

Welcome to the Government Community!

Options
Chris Nammour
Chris Nammour Employee
edited 04/16/24 in Government

Hello!

This is a space for Smartsheet and Smartsheet Gov users that work in all levels of government to connect, share ideas, challenges, best practices and how you are using Smartsheet and Smartsheet Gov to create impact.

My name is Chris, I lead marketing for the Smartsheet Gov platform and am excited to get to know you all. My colleagues and I will use this space to share helpful resources, upcoming events, discussion questions, and more. But first and foremost, this space is yours to connect and collaborate with peers.

We’ve created a unique Government badge just for this community to showcase on your profile and use to connect with others. Introduce yourself and start engaging with your peers and the badge will be automatically added to your profile. We also created a new "Smartsheet Gov" tag so if your content is specific to that platform, be sure to use the new tag!

Need a little inspiration? Tell us:

• Where do you work and what’s your department/role?
  • How long have you been using Smartsheet or Smartsheet Gov?
  • How are you using Smartsheet or Smartsheet Gov today or planning to in the future?
  • What else would you like to learn from your peers in government?

Comments

• virgh
    virgh ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hello, my name is Virginia. I work at the City of San Diego as an Information Systems Analyst. I created our City of San Diego Smartsheet User Group and I lead our monthly virtual meetings. I've been using Smartsheet since 2019 and I'm still learning new things every day. Smartsheet used to be only a tiny portion of my work, but now I am in a role that has a 50% focus on it. I am looking forward to seeing how everyone here is using Smartsheet for process improvement and project management.

Virginia C. Hire Damrauer

• Julie Becker
    Julie Becker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 04/22/24
    Options

Hi Guys,

My name is Julie Becker, and I am overseeing the Smartsheets Program and its Process for a very political, controversal, government project that has gotten a bad reputation from the manipulative social media and news stations from California (ask me how i really feel haha).

Short version how i got started with this program; Boss asked me and 1 of our office Engineers to find and present in 48 hours an online program that has the ability to track large government / military security level projects. After we gathered a few and discussed, we ran with Smartsheets. From there, we had less than 24 hrs to learn/populate and execute a demo with the free trial in order to sell it to a large group of private federal investors. We bought the business plan and i volunteered to oversee its program for our current and all future projects. Due to all the great info that so many in this community offer out of their kind hearts, i have been able to educate myself about all the additional features/perks that this wonderful community can offer and now looking to finally upgrade to Enterprise.

• Name / Role: Julie Becker / Construction & Project Mgmt. (Government, Military, Federal/State/Local, etc..)
    • Smartsheet History: 2020
    • How were using SS: Need everything transparent and on the table to track start to finish, while holding everyone accountable without losing historical data (like you would with excel when users leave).
    • Favorite Feature: Dashboards (because that is where we get to be creative and its colorful)
    • Ongoing Education: There are a few groups i am part of that we share ideas, suggestions, tips/tricks and although most of us already know most of what the program can do, its very cool to see how others take a pre-made template that was for Healthcare and twist it into a Masterpiece for the Farming community. I look forward to sharing / receiving those same tricks of the trade our fellow comrades here use as it only makes us all better not to mention ROCK STARS!! 😁

Here is a link to my Profile Page that provides additional info on my background: Julie Becker — Smartsheet Community

below are a few laughs to get you all through this week!!! 🤣

Julie Becker ☠️

Construction Project Engineer / Coordinator & Software Program Oversight Mgr. 😉

Successful People Are Not Gifted; They Just Work Hard, Then Succeed On Purpose‼️

• staceylollar
    Options

Stacey Lollar, Human Resources Manager for the Calaveras County Water District. We have been using Smartsheet for almost three years. We are always looking for ways to use Smartsheet. Currently our HR department (me and one other person) use it for Recruiting and Training Scheduling. It has been a life changer for sure.

I would be interested in how other HR departments use it to collaborate with other departments and the public.

• Sara S
    Sara S ✭✭✭
    Options

My name is Sara Schelinski and I am a Project & Resource Manager for the Town of Normal, IL Innovation & Technology department. We have been using Smartsheet for about 1.5 years. We started using the project for I&T project management and have expanded our organization use-case to include Grant Management and strategic plan monitoring. I have also spearheaded a cross-department Smartsheet User Group that serves as our internal community of practice.

I am interested in learning how other governments are using Smartsheet integrations and API to connect the processes to Laserfiche and ArcGIS and any other innovative use cases.

I'd be glad to connect to chat about use cases, rollout, community building, etc.

• Colemcgu
    Colemcgu ✭✭✭
    Options

Colleen McGuire, WA State DCYF glad to be here and love all the innovative ways people are using Smartsheet.

• TheNickOdeh
    TheNickOdeh ✭✭✭
    Options

Nick Odeh - using Smartsheet Gov in the private sector to build out a lot of our Supply Chain and PMO production. Long-term fanatic of Smartsheet and former speaker at Engage.