Notification Center acting funny, anyone else?

Options

My company recently added Mimecase for our spam filter and, after working through the notifications not sending and getting that fixed- I found my alerts are not clearing when I open the automated emails I'm cc'd on. Previously, the alerts noted in the Notification Center cleared automatically when I opened the same notification emails. Is anyone else seeing this kind of change? I worked with my IT group and they think it's Smartsheet…. Hoping someone else had this happen and got it resolved! 😃

Thanks!

Jen

Jen Lawson, PMP

Vernal Biosciences

Colchester, VT 05446

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jen Lawson

We use Mimecast as well, and to be completely transparent with you, I did not know that the automation notification within Smartsheet itself could auto-clear when the email was opened! To me, they have always been 2 separate notifications to manage.

This means I expect that due to the email protection you have, there is no way for the email message to speak back to the Notification Center in the app to clear out that notification - you'll need to do that manually.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Jen Lawson

We use Mimecast as well, and to be completely transparent with you, I did not know that the automation notification within Smartsheet itself could auto-clear when the email was opened! To me, they have always been 2 separate notifications to manage.

This means I expect that due to the email protection you have, there is no way for the email message to speak back to the Notification Center in the app to clear out that notification - you'll need to do that manually.

Cheers,
    Genevieve

• Jen Lawson
    Jen Lawson ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you! I guess I was spoiled for a year 😄

I've let my IT guys know, maybe they can enable whatever was disabled- and if not, I'll double clear my notifications.

Again- Thank you!

Jen

Jen Lawson, PMP

Vernal Biosciences

Colchester, VT 05446