Publish new workload schedule for dashboard?

First, I'm loving the new workload schedule in core Smartsheet! We do not own Resource Management (and it's not on the roadmap to own) and have been managing multiple sheets (one for projects, one for assignments) to track workload. While there is still a way to go, it's a good start (I do still miss the old core resource views).

With my multiple sheets, projects in one tied to assignments in another via a row ID, I can create a report that looks like this and publish it to a dashboard.

The timeline workload schedule view is nice and would probably give leadership what they need, but I can't figure out how to even link to that view on a dashboard.

Is there a way to publish the workload schedule so it is viewable on a dashboard (or even linked directly to that view)?

Thanks much!

Andrea Zenner

Program Manager | Infrastructure & Operations

Apogee Enterprises

EAP | Mobilizer | Core Product Certified | Superstar

azenner@apog.com

Best Answer

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Andrea Zenner,

I just played around with Work Insights for a bit and I didn't really see any way to include it in a Dashboard (I tried both using Sheets and Reports, as well as embedding it or linking it), and the issue is the web address doesn't change to anything unique when using the workload view and because of that the Dashboard can't tell you're trying to view something different from the usual grid/gantt/card view. Maybe someone else can chime in and provide an alternative but unfortunately I don't have one!

I'd recommend submitting a new idea for this capability, as I'm sure others would love to be able to do this too:

https://community.smartsheet.com/post/idea/smartsheet-product-feedback-%26-ideas

Sorry I couldn't be of further help!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hey @Andrea Zenner,

I just played around with Work Insights for a bit and I didn't really see any way to include it in a Dashboard (I tried both using Sheets and Reports, as well as embedding it or linking it), and the issue is the web address doesn't change to anything unique when using the workload view and because of that the Dashboard can't tell you're trying to view something different from the usual grid/gantt/card view. Maybe someone else can chime in and provide an alternative but unfortunately I don't have one!

I'd recommend submitting a new idea for this capability, as I'm sure others would love to be able to do this too:

https://community.smartsheet.com/post/idea/smartsheet-product-feedback-%26-ideas

Sorry I couldn't be of further help!

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!

• Andrea Zenner
    Andrea Zenner ✭✭✭✭✭

Idea entered! Thanks!

Andrea Zenner

Program Manager | Infrastructure & Operations

Apogee Enterprises

EAP | Mobilizer | Core Product Certified | Superstar

azenner@apog.com