Report Dynamics within Control Center Blueprint

Hello,

I'm working on my first control center blueprint and am having two issues around reports within the blueprint. As background, I have Data Shuttle deposit all the accounting results across several project IDs in a central sheet within the control center Admin folder. Each project blueprint has an income statement sheet that totals certain items by formula from that Admin sheet (this part works fine after project creation). Each project also has a report that should filter/display each line of the central sheet according to the Project ID as listed in the intake form. I tested this connection before moving the report into the blueprint folder and everything worked perfectly, but once the report was moved to the blueprint folder, it could no longer find the original Admin sheet.

1. Is it possible to have a report created from the project blueprint reference a central sheet from the admin folder? If so, how?
  2. If so, how best to manage the sharing permissions to that central sheet? My current thought is Dynamic view, but if there are cleaner easier ways to automate with control center, please let me know!
  3. Is it possible to have a prebuilt report filter based on Project info from the intake sheet? (ie Filter only results that have the same Project ID as the one listed to create the blueprint), or would project managers have to create their filter in the report once the new workspace has been created?

Please and thank you! 🙏

Answers

• che.rabajante
    che.rabajante ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello @KC_TFGH

The Admin Sheet must be part of the project blueprint to ensure that every time a project is provisioned, the report data source is included within the provisioned project. Without including the Admin Sheet, the data from the source will not populate, as there will be no Admin Sheet available after project provisioning.

Please note that Dynamic View is not part of the Control Center. If you are using a Dynamic View report, you will need to create a new Dynamic View report each time you provision a new project.

You can prebuild a report filter, and managers can create or update the report filter based on their needs once the new workspace has been created but they need to be a license smartsheet user in order to do this.

Hope this helps.

che

• KC_TFGH
    KC_TFGH ✭✭

Thanks for the response.

How best then to get the central admin information available to each provisioned project? It's updated monthly with new information and I don't want to have to update 70 sheets. Can datamesh be automated to move certain items from the central sheet to a smaller version on each of the projects? or would the datamesh need to manually be added?

• @KC_TFGH I came across a similar issue and our team came up with a solution - the central admin sheet needs to be created as its own blueprint in control centre ONCE. If you set it up once as a blueprint and ensure that the report it needs to feed to is set up the one time you provision that admin sheet, all other blueprints that get provisioned to the same report will prevent you from having to add the central admin sheet back in every time a project gets provisioned through Control Centre. Hopefully I'm not confusing you more with this comment?

• KC_TFGH
    KC_TFGH ✭✭

Thanks @kadie ! That's a very helpful workaround! I'll give that a try

• NicoLHC
    NicoLHC ✭✭✭✭✭

@KC_TFGH Issue resolved?

If my comment helps you, I appreciate a 💡

Kind regards

Meet me at Engage in Seattle !

Nico | LinkedIn

CEO | Lighthouse Consultings

addvalue@lighthouseconsultings.com

We offer Licenses - Training - Solution Engineering

🔴Certified Smartsheet Partner _______________________________________________

💯 SCALEABLE Solutions Engineered by Lighthouse Consultings

We Don’t Just Implement Smartsheet; We Revolutionize How You Manage, Plan, And Execute.

🎥 YouTube 🚀TimeLine View

http://lighthouseconsultings.de/

• KC_TFGH
    KC_TFGH ✭✭

Just provisioned some projects and the report is able to connect to a sheet within the Admin center (outside of the blueprint). So for now things are working as they should!