Multi-Tier Control Center: Onboarding New Employees

Hi, I am hoping someone might have an idea on how I might approach using Multi-Tier Control Center for onboarding new employees for a business with multiple departments. Currently, I have normal Control Center with a blue print and intake sheet, so I can create a new project/onboarding folder for new employees in a single department. I would like to ideally be able to have a parent blueprint that had the business-wide trainings/templates, that feeds into department specific trainings/templates. I am not sure where to start and would appreciate some guidance!

Best Answer

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

My suggestion would be to just create separate templates and blueprints for each department. You can then use a dropdown in the Intake process to establish which blueprint/template should be used for the employee.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

CERTIFIED SMARTSHEET PLATINUM PARTNER

10xViz.com

• S_Berkley
    S_Berkley ✭✭✭
    edited 07/02/24

Hi @Paul Newcome thank you for the suggestion. This issue is that a new hire has both department specific training and universal workplace training. If we make a blueprint and template for each department, I think we would have to update each department blueprint when there is an update to the universal (not department specific) training. Thoughts on how to handle these types of updates?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You could set up a separate blueprint for the universal training. To trigger its provisioning automatically, you can set up a copy row automation that copies the row to another sheet once the departmental level has been provisioned and use this second sheet as your "universal training intake sheet". From there, turning on the automatic provisioning within Control Center should provide for both being rolled out based on one submission.

Come see me in Seattle at ENGAGE 2024! I will be at the 10xViz partner booth throughout as well as the "Lets Talk About Community" Meet & Eat table on Tuesday from 11:45am - 12:45pm!

10xViz.com

• S_Berkley
    S_Berkley ✭✭✭

Hi @Paul Newcome thank you that makes sense! Just one more follow-up question - would the auto provisioning create a universal folder and a department folder for each new hire, or is there a way to combine them so automatic provisioning rolls them out together into a single folder per hire?

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

It would end up being two separate folders using this method, but if you keep naming conventions consistent, they should be grouped together in your workspace.

10xViz.com