How do I get rid of script error in QuickBooks?

Options

I'm frequently encountering a script error when using QuickBooks, which interrupts my workflow and slows down the program. How do I get rid of these script errors? Are there specific settings or troubleshooting steps I need to follow to resolve this issue?

Answers

• Hi @roniesamuels09

Script errors in QuickBooks typically occur when the software encounters issues while accessing web-based features or services. These errors can be frustrating, but there are several steps you can take to resolve them:

1. Check Internet Explorer Settings:
      • QuickBooks relies on Internet Explorer. Open Internet Explorer, go to Tools > Internet Options, and under the Security tab, set the security level to Medium-high.
    2. Disable Script Debugging:
      • In Internet Options, go to the Advanced tab. Check "Disable script debugging (Internet Explorer)" and "Disable script debugging (Other)". Uncheck "Display a notification about every script error".
    3. Clear Browser Cache:
      • Go to Internet Options, under the General tab, and click Delete under Browsing History.
    4. Add Trusted Sites:
      • In Internet Options, go to the Security tab, select Trusted Sites, and add QuickBooks and Intuit URLs.
    5. Update Internet Explorer:
      • Ensure you have the latest version installed.
    6. Check for Windows Updates:
      • Make sure your operating system is up-to-date.

By following these steps, you can resolve script errors in QuickBooks and improve performance. If issues persist, contact QuickBooks support.