Recurring Tasks and Automation

I am relatively new to Smartsheet and would like to set up an automation for recurring tasks on the Schedule sheet. One suggestion was to use automations to clear out information if marked as Complete then change the date to the next due date. I would also like to include a notification then to the assigned person.

Would someone be able to provide detailed instructions on setting up such automations? I will have weekly, monthly and semi-annual recurrent tasks at this time, but hopefully with some good direction I will be able to replicate in the future.

Thank you

Answers

• bisaacs
    bisaacs ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 07/02/24

Hey @Jholl,

I'd highly recommend working through Smartsheet University's self-paced class called "Automating Your Workflows". It teaches you how to build your automations and empowers you with the tools to be able to create them yourself!

https://smartu.smartsheet.com/automating-your-workflows-elearning

If my response was helpful in any way (or answered your question) please be sure to upvote it, mark it as awesome, or mark it as the accepted answer!

I'm always looking to connect with other industry professionals, feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn as well!