Global Fields are not being linked, why?

Options
swaldon2
swaldon2 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 07/08/24 in Add Ons and Integrations

In my blueprint, the profile summary fields are not being linked properly and I cannot figure out how to fix it without going one by one. See the images for examples. This is for over 10 fields, but I cannot screenshot all due to data leakage. The field is on the intake sheet, but not the metric sheet which feeds into all the portfolio summary sheets. First image is the intake sheet, second is the project metric sheet, and third is the control center project update page.

This is the control center update page for the specific project.

Answers

  • Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni
    Options

    Make sure that the Intake sheet column is called Customer ID and not something else. It looks to me like you're not getting the data into your templates, and therefore it's not pushing to the Summary with the data that you want.

    Because there's an "inbound" arrow next to Customer ID in the metric sheet, it's coming in from somewhere. If you hover on that and click it, do you get back to the Customer ID cell for that project?

    Also go into the Blueprint setup and make sure Customer ID is selected for Profile Date, click Advanced and ensure that Cell Link is the option chosen for linking the data.

    You can also check the Logs for that project and see if there were any errors in provisioning that might clue you in.

    Last possibility is that cell links aren't updating for you. This has happened to me and others before too. In my case it was an identified bug that was resolved. But you may need to escalate to Support if everything else is setup correctly.

    BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

    SEATTLE WA, USA

    IRON MOUNTAIN

  • Brian_Richardson
    Brian_Richardson Overachievers Alumni
    Options

    Sorry one other tip - click Update Reporting on the project and see if the links get reset and you get the data flow

    BRIAN RICHARDSON | PMO TOOLS AND RESOURCES | HE|HIM

    SEATTLE WA, USA

    IRON MOUNTAIN

  • swaldon2
    swaldon2 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

    @Brian_Richardson It is so weird, I have provisioned over 600+ projects and only a handful don't link properly. How I ended up resolving it was highlighting the row on the intake sheet, saving the sheet, and then when I went back to the projects metric sheet everything updated with the properly cells. Everything was linked properly but somewhere between the intake sheet and the project metric sheet, the link wasn't picking up the correct data. I think this was a weird bug. FYI - I tried the update reporting and it doesn't work. But thank you for your suggestions 😊